Global Data Licensing Committee
The Global Data Licensing Committee represents the worldwide EnerGeo Alliance membership and provides input and guidance on EnerGeo Alliance’s position and strategy regarding industry, governmental and legal developments relating to data disclosure and confidentiality regulations, intellectual property rights and licensing practices as they affect the non-exclusive (“speculative”) geophysical data business. This committee produces and maintains recommended guidelines and model contractual language – including the EnerGeo Alliance Guidelines for Geophysical Data-Use Licenses. The committee educates government and industry on data licensing issues and provides a forum for debate through appropriate conferences and workshops on the subject. The committee is also responsible for overseeing related workgroups for key priorities and objectives.
The Global Data Licensing Committee members shall be appointed by the Board of Directors. The committee shall be Chaired by EnerGeo Alliance Governing Members on a voluntary and rotational basis. The committee Chair and Vice-Chair will be nominated by the Board of Directors and elected by the Executive Committee. Once elected, the Chair and Vice-Chair will serve in their roles for two years.
Vince Thielen, CGG
Tristan Allen, Schlumberger
- Provide input and direction to the EnerGeo Alliance regarding key priorities in data disclosure and confidentiality regulations, intellectual property rights and licensing practices as they affect the non-exclusive (“speculative”) geophysical data business.
- Create and direct EnerGeo Alliance Data Licensing workgroups that address issues in the non-exclusive geophysical data business to ensure consistency on overarching goals and objectives of the EnerGeo Alliance and provide input in guidance documents as appropriate.
- Manage EnerGeo Alliance Data Licensing workgroup membership participation to ensure the appropriate personnel are appointed to each workgroup.
- Continue to monitor and engage in developing issues and concerns that may impact members freedom to operate.
- Provide all members with a discussion/information exchange forum on the issues related to Americas in adherence with EnerGeo Alliance’s Anti-Trust/Competitive policies and procedures.